There is a significant need for the educational institutions to collaborate with the corporate world. This definitely is the need of an hour. The complexities of the professional world and the sheer dynamism of markets further strengthen the rational for the bond between the industry and technical schools.
Himalayan School of Engineering & Technology proposes to have a cell constituted which will create industrial interaction. The Industrial Interaction & Development Cell identifies the need and addresses it through regular interactions with the industries.
1) Periodic visit of professionals with experience from varies Industries will be invited for lecture and interact with students sharing their experience.
2) Industrial visit and conducting workshop on technologies and latest trend in industries.
3) Industry Relationship based on activities full filling their technological requirements.
4) Faculty participation in getting consultancy and development project from the industries.
5) To integrate industrial training and other inputs from the industry with the teaching learning processes so as to aware and develop students with
- Job requirements in the industry.
- Attitudes to adapt to industrial environment.
- Proper practical and relevant knowledge and skills.
- Capabilities to become self-employed through entrepreneurship.
And to apprise teachers with the: –
- Expectations of industrial requirements
- Realization of working environment in industries
- Need for student orientation for industrial disciplines
- Functioning of industries , institutions and technical job descriptions of persons working at different levels in the organization
- Current Industrial methods of implementation of projects and production used by the industrial units.
6) Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
7) To create an awareness of scholarships/fellowships offered by industries and Institutes to students.
8) Cell will provide list of Industries to faculties and they will be asked to project the facilities available at the university to the industry.
9) Student Industrial Training and their monitoring as part of academic requirement.
10) Cell will work to create an interface with industries in India and abroad.
11) Scope of interface will be defined by a review committee within the cell. Scope include lecture, demonstration, consultancies, training of students, running operation centers for institute of repute in India and abroad.
12) Pattern of scope will be derived from functioning of university in India and abroad were they are running centers for excellence to give intellectual services and ground facilities.
13) Scope will also include getting development project in form of consultancies and generating
revenue for the University.
14) Collaboration with other Educational Institutes and work to create collaborative program.
15) Project monitoring and their execution will be formulated by the CELL.
16) All projects funding from government agencies and public sectors will be initiative by the cell.
17) All projects auditing, presentation and evaluation by standing committee constituted by fund providing agencies will be organized by the cell.
18) All records, programs and correction factors pertaining to functioning of cell be periodically evaluated and suggestion will be implemented to bring efficiency in CELL functioning.