It is hereby informed that for the academic session 2021-2022, admissions to Post Graduate Medical Programmes conducted at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, a constituent medical college of the Swami Rama Himalayan University, (a University Established under section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 & enacted vide Uttarakhand Act No. 12 of 2013) shall only be made based on the merit of NEET (PG)-2021 through common counseling conducted by the State Government or its designated authority and none else.
Accordingly, on behalf of State of Uttarakhand, the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun shall be conducting common counseling for admission into Post Graduate Medical Programmes for academic session 2021-2022, based on the merit of NEET (PG)-2021.
All NEET (PG)-2021 qualified candidates are invited for registration for the process of common counselling & admission into Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences. For registration process and other related details for common counseling, kindly visit the website www.hnbumu.ac.in
The admission to all Post Graduate Medical Programmes conducted at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, a constituent college of the Swami Rama Himalayan University, shall only be made as per the provisions of Section 33 of the Swami Rama Himalayan University Act.
In terms of the Rules stipulated by the Swami Rama Himalayan University, all the successful candidates opting for the admission to the Post Graduate Medical Programmes at the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences shall be required to serve the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences as Senior Residents for a period of one year after passing their MD/MS Programmes and during such period they shall be entitled to such emoluments as may be provided under the University/Institute Rules. In confirmation and pledge to the same, the candidates are required to furnish a service bond in favour of the Swami Rama Himalayan University and along with a Postdated Bank cheque for a sum of Rs. 10 Lacs as a security against the same, which shall be only qualified to be en-cashed in event the subject Bond conditions are breached by the candidate. (Click here for the list of Postgraduate (MD/MS) Programmes where bond is applicable).
1. While reporting for admission, the candidate shall bring all the relevant certificates/documents IN ORIGINAL along with 2 sets of self-attested copies of the same.
2. Tuition fees can be deposited at the time of admission either by multi-city cheque/bank draft drawn in favour of Swami Rama Himalayan University or through RTGS directly to University Bank Account No. 33082676422, IFSC: SBIN0010580, State Bank of India, HIHT, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, Branch Code: 10580.
3. As per the orders passed by the Apex Court from time-to-time, the candidate is required to furnish either cash security or bank guarantee for the fee payable for the remaining period of the Programmes.
Therefore, all candidates who obtain admission at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences shall be required to submit at the time of joining, either a bank guarantee for the tuition fee of the entire duration of the Programmes
Post-dated cheques in favour of Swami Rama Himalayan University for the balance unpaid tuition fee as cash security.
The bank guarantee/cheques will be encashed by the University in case the candidate leaves the Programme mid-stream, after the admission.
4. Stipend shall be paid as per the policy of the University, i.e. Rs.40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand only) per month in first year, Rs.45,000/- (Rupees forty five thousand only) per month in second year and Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) per month in third year.
5. Hostel is mandatory for all the admitted candidates. No candidate shall be allowed to stay outside the University Campus.
6. Public, in general, is informed that Swami Rama Himalayan University or its constituent college, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, have never authorized/solicited any person(s) or any agent(s) for admissions in any of the programmes/courses offered by the University and/or its constituent college referred herein above. Therefore, public is cautioned to be aware of unscrupulous person(s)/agent(s)/advertisements. None of the Authority(ies) of the University or the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences shall be responsible if students/wards are cheated on this account.
7. Please note that Ragging is strictly prohibited.